usnmars

Thinkin about another CMP trip

I am thinkin about donig another trip out to the CMP in Ohio in possibly April. We normally leave about 9-10pm on a Friday night and get to the store when they open. Once there we do our shopping and normally head home. Its a rough trip but worth it..... where else can you hand pick M1's direct from the Govt for $600. I am thinking about end of April so maybe around the 20th. None of this is set in stone yet, but figured I'd see if anyone is interested first so we can start saving. Anyone game?

I just got shafted at work and found out that between February and April 16th I will have less than a week off. So I was fuming really pissed off and then it clicked on me...... I will be away for about 3 months, not have time to spend a dime.. CMP TRIP!!!! I guess thats how you look at the bright side. :laugh:

Chances are I will probably be skipping this one. My days of slush fund accounts to go take crazy trips like this are over for the time being. But hopefully within the next year I can take a road trip to the Alabama store instead.

I am going to make this a sticky so it doesn't get lost. Once the trip is done I will remove the sticky status. Still planning on giong on April 20th. COME ON NJGF! LETS DO A ROAD TRIP. Although it's a while out the recent reports on the CMP forum is saying that the selection at the North Store is the best it's ever been. Many lockbar's reported and many WWII serial numbers

I'm a very likely YES! So I'm sure, we are planning on leavig Friday the 20th and arriving Saturday the 21st. Getting home late Saturday or early Sunday?

What type of vehicle are we bringing? Being 6'7" tall, I don't fit in a lot of vehicles.

Tolls, gas, food, (vehicle rental?), and rifle(s). Any other associated costs?

Sorry to play 20 questions, I just want to know what the costs will be before I commit to the trip.

Thanks.

I will have the official date early this week, maybe Wednesday. I am getting transferred from the Gulf of Mexico and going to be drilling in Alaska. This week when I go to the office I will have official verification of my schedule so I will know 100% if I will be off then. I am up for renting a van, thats actually a good idea. I will try to research costs and breakdown the gas price. There aren't any tolls, just split gas(and maybe van) evenly. Food is whatever you want to spend. The past couple of trips we avoided Mc Donalds and hit diners so we have some rest time. The last few times we did the trip we left my place (last exit on 80) Friday night, drove to the store and were there when they opened on Saturday morning, Shop and drive right back. I think we were back both time late saturday evening.

I may be interested...

Question: if I put an order in now via mail, will it take them awhile to send it to me? I mean, if it's quicker just to wait until 4/20 and get to pick and choose what I want, then I may hold off on my order and buy in store.

Very interested....will have to check my schedule when we get closer to the date...also have to join a CMP affiliated club...

www.thegca.org This org meets the requirements for a CMP affiliated club.

I will have the official date early this week, maybe Wednesday. I am getting transferred from the Gulf of Mexico and going to be drilling in Alaska. This week when I go to the office I will have official verification of my schedule so I will know 100% if I will be off then. I am up for renting a van, thats actually a good idea. I will try to research costs and breakdown the gas price. There aren't any tolls, just split gas(and maybe van) evenly. Food is whatever you want to spend. The past couple of trips we avoided Mc Donalds and hit diners so we have some rest time. The last few times we did the trip we left my place (last exit on 80) Friday night, drove to the store and were there when they opened on Saturday morning, Shop and drive right back. I think we were back both time late saturday evening.

FYI - the Ohio Turnpike (I-80) is a toll road, and the buck to cross the Delaware.

I have a friend who may want to go - I can't, it's my busy season. I'll send you a PM.