YWHIC

TX project moving forward..

For those that don't know I am trying to relocate to TX by the end of the year..

I have 11 acres.. this is about 1/2 of it.. its 535' wide x 905' long total..

image002.jpg

The low side where the truck is at in Pic #1..

SECORNERlookingW.jpg

Looking NORTH from that same corner..

SECornerLookingNorth.jpg

by the road looking TO the ridge line in Pic #1..

SouthWestRidgeLineS.jpg

I have just got my quote on my 12 x 24 cabin shell.. and delivery is set for April 17 or 18th.

I'm going with a gambrel roof so I can have a 5' loft up top..

gambrelroofline.jpg

its going to be 2"x4" on 16" centers..

wall.jpg

No worries, what I am ordering has a double TOP cap.. and will have 2x6 or 2x8 rafters..

Anyway, I thought I'd share..

Super stoked.. now off to get airline and SUV rental pricing..

I've got a ULINE and SETON book here.. hmm.. and an open account..

I'm going basic No Trespassing in english/spanish to just to be legit if something were to go south while I'm there..

Either shipping or taking my little AR with me with the camo paint job also.. :aikido: and 200 rounds of ammo..

Sample pics of some 12 x 20 and 12 x 24 buildings from local shop up here in the NJ area..

pic2.JPG

roofinside.JPG

this one had a 3' loft @ center with a 10' center peak.. mine will be 13' center peak and 5'6" loft on center (with 2x6 and Z-brackets, and not 2x4's)....

3footloft.JPG

My siding type...

endpic.JPG

Sample side pic of 12 x 20 with regular siding..

lengthpic.JPG

Can't wait for 4/15... excited..

Just got back tonight from TX..

Heres the final 12x24 cabin pic on the 11 acres.. its sooooo nice and fresh out there..

Distance shot from FAR end of my property line..

IM000020.JPG

and the building close up.. I had time to run a 50' fence along one side of the drivway as well..

IM000023.JPG

I've got a ULINE and SETON book here.. hmm.. and an open account..

I'm going basic No Trespassing in english/spanish to just to be legit if something were to go south while I'm there..

Either shipping or taking my little AR with me with the camo paint job also.. :aikido: and 200 rounds of ammo..

What are you going to do for the second day their?

@ Tony...

Day 1 was find markers on the property as the survey guy couldn't make it out.. billy-goat climing needed for the high-side on my ridge line..

I re-marked and taped with purple NO HUNTING/TRESPASS streamers.. I marked the driveway and building spot after finding a level spot..

Day 2 was show the construction crew to the site.. and hangout till they were done.. I did the pics and video that day.. I also met a local rancher with 4000+ acres whom I exchanged phone numbers with..

Day 3.. was just paint exterior and put up the 50' of fence.. (the ground is hard with rocks).. adjusted shims on the front door.. I met a local guy from ELP that I met on another forum.. (gave him hunting rights in exchange for keeping an eye on it)..

Day 4.. was trip to Carlsbad Caverns up in NM..

Day 5.. was Friday.. just a veg day..

Day 6.. Saturday.. fly home..

EVERONE was nice.. no rush.. just nice people..

Very nice. So what's the plan? Is that going to be your living space? Or is this just a business location?

Going to be homestead.. getting retail spot in Van Horn when I go for the FFL. (about 15 miles up the highway)..

Can't wait to get more $$ so the next trip can maybe be permanent..

Thats a power line.. only cell is via Sat phone.. which is $18/month with 300 minutes.. Cells only work near the highway.. 4 miles up from cabin..

Pics before we had the cabin built.. (thats the driveway).

IM000001.JPG

This is the high-side of the property on the other side of the road.. (road runs down middle)..

IM000002.JPG

Picture from my other STICK on the ridge line..

IM000005.JPG

Another picture.. behind my property boundry.. (powerpole is my back line)..

IM000007.JPG

I managed to put up a 50' 4' fence to mark the driveway edge.. 2 solar lights.. and 1 solar light string inside..

Heres the last pic before we left.. (crappy cell though the color of the cabin is more accurate)..

frontsolar.jpg

Going to be in-house.. LOL.. building is 12x24 (x13') and we'll be adding a 120 foot loft for sleeping area up top..

Be using 400 watts of Solar Panels, 1000 watt pure sine inverter to start with, and Shurflo 12v RV pump for water.. found an indoor tankless LP water heater as well.. Found local FDA water tanks for $100 for 275 gals holding.. will fill via the creek bed and cistern system from roof (if/when it rains)..

Showerstall, toilet, sinks.. all normal house type/size.. waste by septic..