jermz1987

Just got a Beretta CX4 Storm....

So I picked up a used beretta cx4 storm 9mm. Ive always wanted one of these but felt that it was out of my price range. I came across a used one in great shape for a decent price. So I got it. This thing is amazing. Easy to handle, very light, and feels solid. Im even thinking of selling my Glock 19 to get a Beretta M9 to go with the CX4 Storm. We shall see.....I love this thing.

Now for some pics. One cool thing about the rifle is that when broken down it fits perfectly into my Hazard 4 plan B Evac bag. Not that I would use it like that, But I thought it was neat that it fit.

DSCF6317.jpg

DSCF6320.jpg

DSCF6321.jpg

DSCF6315.jpg

• Like 2

Nice Jeremy, any upgrades planned?

Thanks guys, Ray I am not to sure about what mods I am going to get. I would like to keep it simple. I am interested in that trigger kit, and perhaps the buttstock magazine holder. If I get an optic, I woulnt mind getting a Micro Dot. I cant get over how great these feel. Its a lot smaller then I thought it would be, At the same time It doesnt feel cheap.

Here is a dumb question, If I purchase a Beretta M9, Will the magazines work in the CX4 Storm? Or does it have to be a 92fs? I know they are pretty much the same pistol, except for some minor changes, But I would just like to be 100% sure before I go and order the M9.

Here is a dumb question, If I purchase a Beretta M9, Will the magazines work in the CX4 Storm? Or does it have to be a 92fs? I know they are pretty much the same pistol, except for some minor changes, But I would just like to be 100% sure before I go and order the M9.

Stop before you do anything. First off, it's not a dumb question at all.

#1. The M9 and 92FS are essentially the same handgun and they take the same magazines.

#2. Beretta made 3 versions of the 9mm CX4 with 3 different sleeves for the magazine well.

* A 92FS version

* A PX4 Version

* A cougar Version.

The real question is "what version do you have?" Or you may go out and buy a Beretta 92/M9 only to find that it doesn't accept the correct magazines.

Post a picture of the magazine and I'll be able to tell you whether its 92/M9, CX4 or Cougar.

Oh, and one more thing. Hearing someone to say that they want to get rid of the G19 for a Beretta 92 warms my heart. The G19 is a fine handgun - the gold standard for handguns - but it has no Beretta soul.

Oh I am positive that it takes the 92fs mags, the mags are marked. So im at least sure about that. lol Ill probably end up posting the Glock 19 up for sale as soon as my crimson trace laser grips comes back from the factory. Needed some warrenty work, So ill include the laser. Yeah the M9 is proabaly the most gorgeous pistol ive ever seen. Of course that is my opionion.

Jeremy, make sure that the Beretta fits your hand well. it is a fairly fat double stack grip, and is not for everybody.

goto the beretta forums handgun section and look at their faq. it has all the differences between the 92fs in the m9 spelled out. personally I preferred the m9.

If the grips on the 92 are too fat, you can get thin Alumagrips to cut down on the grip size. I see that you are a member of Ft. Dix. If you want to try out my 92FS, let me know the next time you are going to shoot at Ft. Dix. If I'm free, we'll meet up and you can put some rounds through it to see if it works for you.

Thanks for the invite Mcbethr. I have fired the Beretta 92fs before I it fit my hands great. I got this CX4 from my local toy store, missed the one Paul sold. I didnt need a PP for this.

Congrats. I installed the SP trigger/hammer kit and the SS guide rod with the replacement buffer. The installation is not too difficult. The only tricky part is installing the trigger with the spring. Looking back, I would try attaching the spring to the hammer using thread to hold the spring in place. After it is installed, cut and remove the thread.

I am shooting my CX4 at the Shongum match this Saturday.

PS: even if your CX4 is setup for other magazines, by replacing the sleeve in the grip, it can be converted to accept 92 mags.

I bought a CX4 from a member on here, it is .40 cal. I already have a 96FS so I figured now I would have a bunch of interchangeable magazines, NOPE! The CX4 uses the PX4 mags, not the 96FS mags. Oh well, bought a few more CX4/PX4 mags.

I put a cheap red dot on it, co-witnessed with the stock sites (which are actually very good) perfectly. Have to see what red/green dot it is, but was less than $60.

I consider this rifle a wimpier version of my AK-style rifles. Honestly, the Saiga 7.62x39 is cheaper to shoot if you are not a reloader. At least the CX4 can be shot indoors since it is a pistol-round and not a high-power round.

It is a decent gun, I am not doing the trigger mod, it is perfect for me the way it is. The Saiga on the other hand does need the conversion, the stock trigger is yucky.

I bought a CX4 from a member on here, it is .40 cal. I already have a 96FS so I figured now I would have a bunch of interchangeable magazines, NOPE! The CX4 uses the PX4 mags, not the 96FS mags. Oh well, bought a few more CX4/PX4 mags.

I put a cheap red dot on it, co-witnessed with the stock sites (which are actually very good) perfectly. Have to see what red/green dot it is, but was less than $60.

I consider this rifle a wimpier version of my AK-style rifles. Honestly, the Saiga 7.62x39 is cheaper to shoot if you are not a reloader. At least the CX4 can be shot indoors since it is a pistol-round and not a high-power round.

It is a decent gun, I am not doing the trigger mod, it is perfect for me the way it is. The Saiga on the other hand does need the conversion, the stock trigger is yucky.

I believe there is a conversion kit for the magwe that will change it to 92/96FS style mags. See earlier posts.

• Like 1

No, I may keep the glock. I am still thinking on it, as for as sleeves go to change what magazines the cx4 will accept, It does look exreamly simple to do. M4BGIMGO, let us know if you change the magazine sleve. Im curious to see it works for you.

Mike, At last weeks match I lent my standard 9mm 92fs magazines to somebody who was shooting a CX4 in 9mm and short on mags, they functioned fine. Was completely stock... So who knows?

when changing the cx4 mag capability besides the plastic sleeve the mag release button is supposed to be changed also. there is a dif button for each model as the width of the mags differ slightly and the mag catch/tab may bite too much and wear out the mag slot or too little and not have a strong lock depending on the combo used.

I bought my CX4 from a forum member who was nice enough to include 3 extra mags. I already had 4 mags for my 96FS. Now I have a bunch of mags for each gun. Funny thing is, either mag will go into the CX4, but the 96FS mag will drop-out. I can see the difference between the two types. The CX4 mag will not go into the 96FS at-all though.

I am also happy with the stock trigger once it was broken in. I did change out for the steel guiderod.