I dropped mine off to Glen Rock PD on July 9th. I've been back a few times to check in, and I've confirmed my personal references are in. I was hoping they'd be done today so I could go to Luciano's grand opening tomorrow, but as of this morning they were not in.

Realistically, how long can the state take to get the background and mental health check back to local PD? I think this is obscene. It already took several months to get the FID, now I just want a P2P. And, after they have the background and mental health check back, can they legitimately sit on it? Is there a period of time within which they have to respond?

Thanks!

MC

Dropped off 2 P2P last week .Emailed Chief today and was told 60 days wait . So the count down begins. Im curious to see how long it really takes them to get them done.

It only takes a few minutes to get them done. How long it takes for them to give them to you is a whole other animal... Good luck!

I dropped mine off to Glen Rock PD on July 9th. I've been back a few times to check in, and I've confirmed my personal references are in. I was hoping they'd be done today so I could go to Luciano's grand opening tomorrow, but as of this morning they were not in.

Realistically, how long can the state take to get the background and mental health check back to local PD? I think this is obscene. It already took several months to get the FID, now I just want a P2P. And, after they have the background and mental health check back, can they legitimately sit on it? Is there a period of time within which they have to respond?

Thanks!

MC

If your stuff is not current, it may take about 60 days.

I normally do mine within 90 days after I renew my RPO carry and they get the paperwork from Trenton (renewal with SBI and MH check takes 2-3 weeks with the RPO unit) and that takes about 2 weeks with nothing else.

It's not what it used to be a few years ago, and they are hostage to what Division HQ mandates.

If your stuff is not current, it may take about 60 days.

I normally do mine within 90 days after I renew my RPO carry and they get the paperwork from Trenton (renewal with SBI and MH check takes 2-3 weeks with the RPO unit) and that takes about 2 weeks with nothing else.

It's not what it used to be a few years ago, and they are hostage to what Division HQ mandates.x

Well, I applied for my fid in September 2011, and the chief signed it on January 19, 2012. We spent some time debating how that was or wasn't more than 6 months since they had done a background/mh check. Anyway this whole thing stinks.

MC

So I went over there today. FIrst they told me one of my references wasn't in, but in looking in the folder, every single thing they need is in, has been since early last week. So I asked if I could have the p2p's today, and she said I could wait to see a Sgt. I waited about 45 minutes, after which a Glen Rock PD Sgt came out, didn't greet me or anything, just started speaking sternly that my permits would be ready in a few weeks. I asked why, if everything was there, that I had to continue to wait, and explained that there was a store opening today that I wanted to attend their grand opening and he gave me an almost lecture about staff cutbacks, administrative cutbacks, and the importance of police in the field versus administrative paperwork. I was polite the entire time, kept saying I understand, in hopes that he too would understand and just get my paperwork processed, but instead he just ended the conversation and went back behind his locked door.

There's really nothing I can do. It's not like the state is holding them up or anything, and I could call to check on that. They just have everything, and are sitting on it behind the guise of not enough time in the day. This is also clearly why it took 4 months to get my FID in the first place.

MC

effing bullies! Im so sick of the PD bs! They act like they are above us all. They treat people like shit on their heels and wonder why people dont have any respect for them. Its a two way street there fellas. Not even the common decency to greet someone before berating them! Low rent pricks