I always wear timberland or carhartt steel tow boots. It is just what I am most comfortable in. I suppose it is OK to wear whatever you want as long as its not open toe. Thats just not safe on a range in my opinion.

Ken

I have a dedicated pair of sneakers that I wear only to the range... dedicated outfit, too. I don't want powder and lead near children, etc... So, I am as careful as possible.

Saucony jogging shoes last few times.

I worry less about what is on my feet while shooting..seeing as I figure any comfortable supportive shoe will do. What I DO worry about , and I'm sure a lot of guys don;t think about this..I have a baby crawling on my floor , so any shoes that are "shooting" shoes are not allowed in the house. Lead and babies don;t mix. Even if you are outdoors , you are bringing in a lot of lead on your clothes , your face , and your shoes. If you have a toddler or baby , best to keep those shoes out of the house and shower when you get in.

For uspsa or idpa, I recommend something with aggressive tread. I'm still wearing my bates m-9 boots, and the tread is about perfect. Trail runners work for multi surface traction, but they tend to have a forward tilting foot bed which can kick the crap out of your back knees etc. if you have issues with them.

Some guys wear cleats, but they are a no-no in idpa, and SUCK if there's a surface in the stage that isn't dirt, sand, grass, or gravel.

Generally some old hikers for me unless its a fairly clean range of i'm not doing much hoofing about. The rifle ranges at CJ are very sandy and if i wear sneakers, i come home with shoes and socks full of grit.

Saucony jogging shoes last few times.

I worry less about what is on my feet while shooting..seeing as I figure any comfortable supportive shoe will do. What I DO worry about , and I'm sure a lot of guys don;t think about this..I have a baby crawling on my floor , so any shoes that are "shooting" shoes are not allowed in the house. Lead and babies don;t mix. Even if you are outdoors , you are bringing in a lot of lead on your clothes , your face , and your shoes. If you have a toddler or baby , best to keep those shoes out of the house and shower when you get in.

I agree with this. No kids yet but I do have pets in the house. I picked o these shoes and also have dedicated pants/shorts and shirts I use for the range. Once I get home, clothes get washed and I shower.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Footwear/6-Boots/TacticaL-Trainer-2-Low.html?

I have a dedicated pair of sneakers that I wear only to the range... dedicated outfit, too. I don't want powder and lead near children, etc... So, I am as careful as possible.

This. +1

I wear a pair of Underarmor tread/turf cleats. They also stay in the trunk of my car. A lot more support on the feet, and always with me.

I don't get how it can be comfortable in big boots.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens-ua-natural-iii-baseball-training-shoes/pcid1230532-011

That type of tread.

This. +1

I wear a pair of Underarmor tread/turf cleats. They also stay in the trunk of my car. A lot more support on the feet, and always with me.

I don't get how it can be comfortable in big boots.

http://www.underarmo...pcid1230532-011

That type of tread.

Those actually look like they'd fit my criteria for a good USPSA tread. You'd be surprised how little boot and sneaker construction differs these days though. Heck, looked again and they are <$60 in size 15. Might have to grab a pair even if they are a gaudy red color.