Pizza Bob

Last Resort - WOW!

The new show, Last Resort, debuted last night (9/27). I was blown away. I don't know if they'll be able to sustain the premise, but last nights premiere had me on the edge of my seat.

No spoiler, but a brief synopsis: Nuclear sub gets a verifed order for a launch of nuclear missles against Pakistan. Captain and XO of the sub are about to launch when they realize it was odd that the order came through a secondary network that is only to be used if the primary network (Wash, DC) is destroyed - which it is not. The captain asks for verification over the primary network and gets no response. Next thing, they are attacked by one of their own.

I'll leave it at that. Sure there are areas that stretch credulity, but it was really well done and I wish I could have fast forwarded through the commercials. As I said, I'm not sure if they will be able to sustain the level of drama exhibited in the premiere episode, but I'll sure be watching next week.

Enjoy.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks Bob. I suggest you DVR it, so you can skip the commercials. Even if you don't want to wait to watch it, just start viewing on your DVR 15-20 minutes past the scheduled start time, FF through the commercials, and you will finish at about the same time the show is over.

Thanks Bob. I suggest you DVR it, so you can skip the commercials. Even if you don't want to wait to watch it, just start viewing on your DVR 15-20 minutes past the scheduled start time, FF through the commercials, and you will finish at about the same time the show is over.

What's a DVR? :mosking:

I just watched it on demand (I love FiOS!). It was well made for a series but more than a little presumptuous. I think the whole story line is based on a severely flawed premise that such an egregious false flag could be perpetrated on such a large scale by and with the support of the US military. For that reason I'm not sure I can keep myself interested.

I saw it and wasn't repelled. As with some other new shows (Revolution..etc), I'll have to see how the next few episodes play out.

The show is correctly billed as a drama, which means one has to overlook some fairly significant technical flaws. It makes Crimson Tide look accurate.

It looks to be another "Lost". Being stuck on an island; who gets romantic with who; flashbacks of private lives. BLAH!!! :rolleyes:

Better than Dancing with the Stars, Bachlor(ette), The Voice, or any of the other shows that are on prime time.

I usually give shows 3 episodes to get some momentum before passing judgement. I agree the premise is going to be hard to maintain and may be "too big".

Better than Dancing with the Stars, Bachlor(ette), The Voice, or any of the other shows that are on prime time.

I usually give shows 3 episodes to get some momentum before passing judgement. I agree the premise is going to be hard to maintain and may be "too big".

So what you are really saying is that it is getting harder and harder to write inane material that is just dramatic enough keep the sheeple distracted and entertained. ;-)

what channel?

Yeah I know, should've said network, LOL. :blush: I ended up finding it "on demand".

I agree with all of the above. I liked it enough to watch again but still not sure how if it will keep my interest for the long haul.

I didn't like it. I'm OK with the premise of a rouge nuclear attack order, but the brinkmanship that followed was just completely ridiculous as were the applications and manipulations of strategic weapons.

These idiots are going to live on a utopian oasis of a tropical island because their magical mystery tour yellow submarine can detect any possible attack and they can respond with SLBMs that they can retarget or abort in flight. Too much bs for me.