Zeke

Prescription shooting glasses

Oakley has some good models that they can make prescriptions in..various color lenses too..plus the lenses are impact rated..if you go on their website I think they can tell you the closest dealers. I have several pairs that I wear daily..highly recommended

I use ESS ICE glasses with a prescription insert. My optician (Lawrenceville Opticians - tell Jim that Bob sent you) made up the lenses for the inserts. I normally wear progressives, but we made the inserts up in my distance prescription, since that is what allowed me to focus on the front sight (YMMV). It was far less expensive that way and the only drawback is that I can't read the stage descriptions at a match.

Two pairs of glasses (dark lens and clear) on Ebay for $30. Insert on Ebay for $15. Prescription lenses fitted to insert $125.

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I use Decot sport glasses at sportglasses.com

I did not like the idea of using inserts

I use these as well. Very happy with them. I have two sets of lenses, a light color for indoors and darker for out doors. Lens change is a snap.

Just gave them my prescription along with pupillary distance.

I searched, anybody have a place to get prescription shooting glasses for Mrs. Zeke?

Zenni Optical has their "Goggle" line..the only problem is that if you have a heavy astigmatism the angle of the lenses can be a little distorting... Oakley, and revision eyewear also both have inserts for their glasses/goggles. Revision has a 30% off code of you're an AR15.com member

I have the ESS Ice glasses with prescription inserts. ESS will now cut your prescription too if you order direct from them. This topic was discussed in another thread in the beginning of November. Here is the link:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/41892-to-those-who-wear-eyeglasses-what-protection/page__p__554428#entry554428

In the meantime wear something like this.

446ps.jpg

http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/productdetail.aspx?p=sa+446&ct=e

I own a pair and they work well. You can get a cheaper version off Amazon for like $8.

Don't rely on just your regular perscription glasses for eye protection. I made that mistake

and have had debris somehow find it's way around the lens and into my eye. Nothing serious

but it could have been.

I have been shoooting a lot of clays and have been looking into getting a set of Ranger's. I am in the process of looking at them now.

I need a distance prescription for clays but need nothing for handgun. I plan on ordering multiple sets of lens.