checko

gun control article i havent seen

Here is a nice article one if my more liberal friends shared on facebook. It was written by a pro gun liberal and IMO exactly what our stance should look like.

Btw this was written before the Newtown tragedy, but still very much applies.

http://kontradictions.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/why-not-renew-the-assault-weapons-ban-well-ill-tell-you/#comments

Thanks for posting that link. Very good reading and informative. It's refreshing to see someone articulate, so well, the facts and fallacies regarding the impacts and perceptions of a weapons/magazine ban.

Maybe all of the anti gun folk should read this article so as to get an informed opinion on the subject and not be led by fear mongering/misleading politicians and media.

I have to add, that quote from the Washington post article of 1994 was very disturbing to say the least. WTF!

What a great article. I only wish that it had a wider circulation. Posting it here is just preaching to the choir.

If it makes you feel better its circling around the web on Facebook, on liberal and conservative circles alike. I shared it as well.

Thanks for posting that link. Very good reading and informative. It's refreshing to see someone articulate, so well, the facts and fallacies regarding the impacts and perceptions of a weapons/magazine ban.

Maybe all of the anti gun folk should read this article so as to get an informed opinion on the subject and not be led by fear mongering/misleading politicians and media.

I have to add, that quote from the Washington post article of 1994 was very disturbing to say the least. WTF!

That is the reason I shared it. I think our community (as well as the other side of the argument) is very quick to label others as sheep or dumb or "libtards". That isn't the ideal way to make your statement imo. The only way I believe you can get through to those rational and reasonable people who oppose or are on the fence with our view is presenting it in a way to give them the cold hard facts in a manner they can relate to.

Living in NYC for 90% of my life that used to be me.