RecessedFilter

Feeler: Shotgun ammo group buy?

So Dino and I were talking and realized since ammo prices are increasing (even shotgun ammo at some places), I thought it may be a good time to go in on a pallet. If I recall, a pallet is 30 cases. We did this on another forum and it worked out well, except it was pistol ammo and everyone was happy. Hopefully we could get a case price down to $45-50 since we would be buying so much but I'm not promising anything.

If I have enough interest, I will start researching what retailers could supply a pallets worth and then lead up to a group buy depending on price and availability.

For now, who would be interested in this? I think a 2 case minimum order per person would be fair. I'd probably buy 4 or 5 myself. Order must be paid for ahead of time. It would be 12ga, either #7.5 or #8.

I entertain questions or comments.

Not to jack the thread but any interest in doing this with rifle or pistol ammo?

If someone wants to do that, be my guest! I think that may be more difficult with the demand on rifle/pistol ammo right now versus birdshot. A lot of us have been shooting clays every month so I thought it wouldn't be too hard finding people to go in on 30 cases.

If you need help lemme know. I still have about eight cases, but it doesn't go bad.......... My FFL buys a pallet at a time for him and his buddies. I got four cases last time. I use it for Knockdown Steel at OBRPC with my Saiga-12. It's not just for clays anymore!

If you need help lemme know. I still have about eight cases, but it doesn't go bad.......... My FFL buys a pallet at a time for him and his buddies. I got four cases last time. I use it for Knockdown Steel at OBRPC with my Saiga-12. It's not just for clays anymore!

Thanks brotha! If this gets enough bites, I may ask for the FFL info to talk to the owner.

Before the ammo price increase a few weeks ago, cases are usually $60 at Cabela's. At local shops, a case runs about $70-75.

Finding a large group for buckshot would probably be difficult as it's more expensive ($125 up for a case of 250) and their are 30 cases on a pallet I believe.