Big Jay

Is it "if" or "when" they grandfather?

Let's face it....a federal AWB is going to pass. Now, it doesn't mean much for us because we live in NJ and have been dealing with this for years.

Let's say for example they ban everything by name. For example: "All AR-15 rifles characterized by an AR-15 type lower receiver."

Do they grandfather? What happens if they don't? Can they even legally NOT grandfather?

Everyone facepalms and flames. I've emailed countless senators, local reps, am an NRA member, and hell...give me ANOTHER organization to join.

You realize that Obummer is more than likely going to sign an executive order?

Yeah, i have no backbone. Thanks fellas LOL. At least I am not delusional thinking to myself "If I fight hard enough it won't go through!" What happened with Healthcare Reform LOL. My motto has been and always will be:

Do your best not to make it happen but...

Hope for the best and...

Prepare for the worst.

Everyone facepalms and flames. I've emailed countless senators, local reps, am an NRA member, and hell...give me ANOTHER organization to join.

Yeah, i have no backbone. Thanks fellas LOL. At least I am not delusional thinking to myself "If I fight hard enough it won't go through!" What happened with Healthcare Reform LOL. My motto has been and always will be:

Hope for the best and...

Prepare for the worst.

There are a few other organizations in my sig you can join to help if your not already a member..

I WILL NOT face it until I see it written in ink and then I will STILL question it!!

There ***IS*** a fight coming and it is JUST starting to gain momentum..........this 'WAR' is far from over and there are 'battles' yet to be fought............

Thank God you weren't in charge at Normandy on D-Day..... :facepalm:

A HUGE

WHAT THE FUGG

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

Samuel Adams

Ok now let me ask YOU then...what will YOU do if they institute an AWB?

Personally I dont generally deal in *IFS*.... ask me this question again... in six months....

So you plan on taking no preparation steps? Perhaps understading the possibilities and repercussions of a ban WITHOUT grandfathering? How is that useful?

Preparedness trumps hopefulness any day of the week in my book.

Let's not forget; 48% of the country DID NOT vote for Obama.

Yeah well. That does make me feel good. I sure as hell didn't vote for him.

"If" this goes through (yeah I deal in if's) I will make sure to take note of every representative in my voting district and definitely consider NOT (more than likely) voting for them next election cycle.

It's one thing to raise taxes, support this healthcare nonsense...it's another to go against the constitution.

Let's face it....a federal AWB is going to pass. Now, it doesn't mean much for us because we live in NJ and have been dealing with this for years.

Let's say for example they ban everything by name. For example: "All AR-15 rifles characterized by an AR-15 type lower receiver."

Do they grandfather? What happens if they don't? Can they even legally NOT grandfather?

Lets face it, it the time it took you to start this thread you could have written a letter, or sent an email.

DO something.

It's one thing to raise taxes, support this healthcare nonsense...it's another to go against the constitution.

Exactly, and anyone who does not support it should not be in any position of power, hell if they took the oath of office to uphold it, there is no "Oh I crossed my fingers" clause and should be dealt with accordingly..

Hope for the best and...

Prepare for the worst.

29717495.jpg

Lets face it, it the time it took you to start this thread you could have written a letter, or sent an email.

DO something.

Lets not assume he hasn't just yet, but from the tone of his support, it does give the impression that it would not portray the "not give an inch" position..

Lets not assume he hasn't just yet, but from the tone of his support, it does give the impression that it would not portray the "not give an inch" position..

When are you guys going to start addressing reality? LOL

I don't deal in delusional. It's not how it works in my line of work. My line of work trains me to protect and avoid problems while simultaneously preparing for the fact they come to fruition.

Big Jay - you're trolling these forums.........that's a no no.........

Trolling? How?

I support the same thing as every single one of you. This is just so mind boggling that you people fail to start thinking and considering how this may end up panning out.

Few questions:

Has anyone thought about how we might address the nature of a non-grandfathered type ban?

Has anyone thought about how we might address an import ban?

What about a potential ban on import ammo? (This would be disastrous)

Which by the way, the latter two CAN be entered via executive order.

I've written plenty of my local representatives regarding some of more recent NJ bills as well as bills being proposed on a national level.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with talking about possibilities.

Unfortunately, right now it does NOT look good. Simple as that.

Trolling? How?

I support the same thing as every single one of you. This is just so mind boggling that you people fail to start thinking and considering how this may end up panning out.

Few questions:

Has anyone thought about how we might address the nature of a non-grandfathered type ban?

Has anyone thought about how we might address an import ban?

What about a potential ban on import ammo? (This would be disastrous)

Which by the way, the latter two CAN be entered via executive order.

I've written plenty of my local representatives regarding some of more recent NJ bills as well as bills being proposed on a national level.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with talking about possibilities.

Unfortunately, right now it does NOT look good. Simple as that.

I'll just say, I am sure as heck glad our founding father never had this view on things or we wouldn't be here today...

Might want to think about that..

If your going to give up and roll over, legally sell me your stuff and get into knitting. Careful with the needles, you may get a boo-boo.

Jay what is your line of work and what is your age?

Also my avatar is not the coolest looking or most docile but...really "bang one bang em all" ?? :facepalm:

To me that speaks volumes........

Finance. 30 years old.

Really simple. Someone comes to me and says "I have $250,000. I want to make my money work for me. I need you to be proactive BUT I want to protect against losing it"

I come up with an investment approach (Understand the proposed infringement on the 2nd amendment rights)

The plan is put into action by placing the money in the correct investment vehicles (Write the correct reps on the local, state, and federal levels)

Hedges are put into place as well to prevent downturns (Understand my rights in the event an AWB/restrictive legislation passes so I can further state my position to those opposing them)

Insurance and other vehicles are put into place in the event of a catastrophic event. (Haven't quite gotten THAT far yet)

Thanks for the avatar comment. Happens to be a Mil/Leo moral patch. Sure why not though. Guy's have outright pictures of womens' tits on here so why not lol

OK Got it..............

Sorry having grown up in Brooklyn and KNOWING many fellows in 'finance'............I generally.... oh it doesn't matter......

No problem....were you in the military... ? i wasn't largest regret I have.....

The point of all the diatribe back and forth............is the following.....based on your experience in finance you are trying to carve out a manageable position, for your client...in this case yourself...

This position is a negotiated position whereby you feel you have managed and weathered the event, whether it is dollars or sense....your goal and 'training' is to manipulate....

I don't want to speak for others, but I will go out on a limb....The position of MOST folks here...is one of steadfast defiance against any undue illegal or immoral affronts to our freedom under the USCONN.

While mitigation of future events *might* work for you....it does not work for me........... future events must be considered, but to present the question in the formats that you have...as opined by others...wreaks of defeatism...

No I was not in the military and that is one of the largest regrets I have as well. If you guys think i'm not mad as hell about this, you're wrong. I've been bitching and moaning to everyone i know about how sickening the late events are.

You can fight as hard as you possibily can knowing you're going to die. That's what happened to many of our forefathers in 1776. Truth of the matter is we haven't lost until the ink from the supreme court has dried.