Sign in to follow this  
NJSlick

Vermont AWB Bill Withdrawn!

"To the many responsible gun-owners with whom I've communicated over the last several weeks: I've heard you. Please hear me when I say that government is not your enemy - "

So, atleast for now, all those who wrote, called and communicated opposing such measure succeeded. Good job folks.

Please dont stop there. Unseat anyone who even "thought" infringing on the 2A. Take the opportunity and unseat him and anyone else who remotely coauthored this.

I would be surprised if VT passed anything like this. But I am not surprised that dozens of anti-gun bills are submitted in every state in the country every single year. Yes, even in Texas (with their better than NJ but still shitty gun laws). So, having no interest to look into the VT bill, I'm going to guess it might have just been some nonsense bill that only got any attention from the media due to their obsession with firearms at the moment.

"Finally, as incoming Majority Leader, I owe it to my caucus to remove an issue that seems increasingly likely to complicate our shared agenda this biennium."

I don't think this is yet another insignificant or nonsense bill. This has been introduced by the incoming Majority Leader.

"I began thinking about the bill after the Gabby Giffords shootings in Arizona, thought more seriously about it following Aurora, and had it finally drafted in the wake of Sandy Hook. "

And this is not an emotional response. This is a well thought out, opportunistic attack by these vultures. I bet a dinner that crafted anti 2A bills are sitting under a desk in every state ready-to-go at opportune moment.