Clintoon Eastwood

It's really that bad out there? Seriously wtf

It hasn't hit me just yet until now, well still not really since I haven't bought ammo since early December.

Check this out :

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/auction_info.php/products_id/45826/auctions_id/3330/page/1/auction_show/1

$700plus for 5250 of dirty a$$ blazers, wtf I mean really wtf?

I'm glad I'm not desperate

Well, I guess at times like this it's an advantage I'm too broke to afford a range membership.... All my ammo sits around forever XD.

I still have some of the first ammo I ever bought when I bought my first gun, two years ago.

Seems if you are patient and just keep an eye out you can still do OK. I picked up two bricks of Aguila HI Velocity Round Nose for $35 a brick at Midwayusa today.

That's the same price before the hype and it's good stuff.

I picked up two bricks of Aguila HI Velocity Round Nose for $35 a brick at Midwayusa today.

That's the same price before the hype and it's good stuff.

$35/brick?? Normal pricing?? Mexican ammo?? I took the Vaseline out when I paid $20/brick last year.

Sheeple that are are late to the game.....

I'm with Harry.....

If you haven't been buying the past three years or prior what were your thinking.....???

I don't know guys, but it's kinda of a moot point for those that got in really late in the game. Isn't it? And by late I mean Nov. last year late. Not everybody is a sheeple, just saying.

But , OTOH, you don't see me bitching about prices and o/s, either. I just get what I can, whenever I can at a price I feel comfortable to pay.

I don't know guys, but it's kinda of a moot point for those that got in really late in the game. Isn't it? And by late I mean Nov. last year late. Not everybody is a sheeple, just saying.

But , OTOH, you don't see me bitching about prices and o/s, either. I just get what I can, whenever I can at a price I feel comfortable to pay.

Well said. You're going to have your people who just got in and will complain about inventory and then you" ll you also have your elitists making comments about their clairvoyance and how awesome they are because they saw it coming and stocked up and yada yada yada..

Remember people: United we stand, divided we fall!

Sheeple that are are late to the game.....

I'm with Harry.....

If you haven't been buying the past three years or prior what were your thinking.....???

Well being that I got into the game a year ago... and prices were already considerably high then... I had opportunity to get in on some moderately priced deals pre-ct, but you cant fault new shooters that didnt have time to amass a decent stockpile.

edit*

Not that i dont think people on gun broker are bat shit crazy for paying these prices. Screw them for legitimizing these prices.

My friends 6+mos ago : "why do you keep around so much ammo and reloading stuff? You're a nut plan and simple!!!"

Me now : "See"

Them : "Guess you were smart back then"

Hehe... yea I think after this a lot more people will be keeping multi-K stockpiles of ammo in each caliber they shoot. I hope the reloading parts manufacturers boost their production too as I think there will be a huge increase in that as well.

True. I wouldn't pay that kind of money for .22LR, or a buck/round for .223. Nor I would pay 2000.00 for a run of the mill AR or 1,200.00 for an AK.

It bothers me enough going to the store and pay MSRP or even a little more for handguns with very limited selection.

Luckily, I got enough ammo almost pre-crazy that will last me until the Summer. And yes, this way a big lesson for me. I will be better prepared next time.

Most of the hoarders arent out shooting anyway. They dont want to deplete their stock. If you hoarded it but dont shoot it, whats the point? Thats ammo abuse!

I haven't shot any of my stockpile for the simple reason of "what if?"

What if they ban certain weapons?

What if We The People, put their money where their mouth is, and actually react to an unconstitutional ban?

What if I shoot my ammo, can't find any more, and the above happens?

This is why I don't shoot my stash. It won't hurt me to keep it, but in the slim chance SHTF, it could kill me to NOT have it.

I haven't shot any of my stockpile for the simple reason of "what if?"

What if they ban certain weapons?

What if We The People, put their money where their mouth is, and actually react to an unconstitutional ban?

What if I shoot my ammo, can't find any more, and the above happens?

This is why I don't shoot my stash. It won't hurt me to keep it, but in the slim chance SHTF, it could kill me to NOT have it.

Thats a lot of what ifs. We are all going to die one day anyway. Theres no avoiding it.

Go shoot your ammo, you are doing a disservice to the people who dont have ammo.and want to shoot.

Thats a lot of what ifs. We are all going to die one day anyway. Theres no avoiding it.

Go shoot your ammo, you are doing a disservice to the people who dont have ammo.and want to shoot.

So if I have a closet full of ammo should I just go and throw it down range and HOPE I can afford to buy it tomorrow? All this because someone didn't prepare and NOW they want to go shoot.

So if I have a closet full of ammo should I just go and throw it down range and HOPE I can afford to buy it tomorrow? All this because someone didn't prepare and NOW they want to go shoot.

No, your supposed to shoot it because its friggin fun. Why do we buy guns? To stare at them? Some do, but I dont. I buy them to shoot. If you have wallhangers you dont need ammo for them

Be realistic. The ammo manufacturers aren't going anywhere. You will be able to buy ammo in the future.

Nobody said go shoot it all off at once. Yeah, sure, save some for shtf. The rest go shoot. Then reload or buy more when available. Enjoy sitting there and staring at your closet full of ammo and guns that you arent using. Doesnt sound very fun to me. I'm a shooter, therefore I shoot. What are you?

I would rather be shooting any day but that is not the point. The point is some may want to conserve because they don't want to pay out the nose and know sooner or later the price will come back down to reality. The flip side is how much a a**hole would I be if I decided to sell my stock at inflated prices? I look at this way all the guns in the world are useless if you don't have any ammo for them.

Hehe... yea I think after this a lot more people will be keeping multi-K stockpiles of ammo in each caliber they shoot. I hope the reloading parts manufacturers boost their production too as I think there will be a huge increase in that as well.

No they wont, they are not smart enough. Think Sheeple, not people! Ive seen this a few times and I can usually predict when its coming. This time I was a little off. I keep a rotating stockpile of reloading supplies and I am not hurt by this. I am most likely not going to need to buy anything til after this crap does down and things come back to normal. The only thing I will most likely run out of is small pistol primers. I am having a hard time finding them at the moment because I will not spend threet imes what they are worth, I will simply not shoot that much 40S&W instead.

Ken

No, your supposed to shoot it because its friggin fun. Why do we buy guns? To stare at them? Some do, but I dont. I buy them to shoot. If you have wallhangers you dont need ammo for them

Be realistic. The ammo manufacturers aren't going anywhere. You will be able to buy ammo in the future.

Nobody said go shoot it all off at once. Yeah, sure, save some for shtf. The rest go shoot. Then reload or buy more when available. Enjoy sitting there and staring at your closet full of ammo and guns that you arent using. Doesnt sound very fun to me. I'm a shooter, therefore I shoot. What are you?

Tell you what, you do what you want with your ammo, and I'll do what I want with the ammo I bought for a much lower price than I can get for right now. How much is "some" to keep for shtf? Who is to say that a certain amount is all we need, or that we should do exactly a certain thing with what I buy? See where I'm going with this?

As for it being a disservice, Thats your opinion. I totally disagree with it because it's mine to do what I please with, and don't feel like my ammo should be given an expiration date. Chill out with what YOU think, and try to understand why others do the things they do. Ammo manufacturers have already stated they may not catch up on production for a year. The feds have been making more contracts, which obviously will be handled before the civilian market. So when thinking about what-ifs, think about what could happen if they kept making more contracts.