YankeeFan

Ex-LAPD on murder spree...

The networks coverage of this is terrible. I cant understand why ZERO people on to throw down 2 worthless pennies have yet to say maybe they should look into the LAPD and this case again. Im sure there is somebody in the LAPD rigt now wishing they could ENRON every document tied to this. There has to be some truth to his mantra.

Whole lot of stupid going on there. All those casings and shells on the ground and only one round actually hit someone? Really? Tell me more about how well trained law enforcement is and how they should be the only ones "professional" enough to carry weapons with large capacity magazines. Apparently they just opened fire without even trying to ascertain if the person they were looking for was even in the truck? Not only should these assclowns lose their jobs they should be criminally charged for reckless endangerment. What a disgrace.

And here come the lawyers.

Women shot during LAPD ex-cop manhunt had no warning, lawyer says

Say what you will about lawyers, they may be sellswords, but sometimes, it's justified.

I expect they'll either get a settlement, or the other lawyers will claim that the police's shooting was justified in the interest of public safety.

Heck the cops there sound about as good with their guns as the ones in NYC that this summer shot a whole bunch of people outside the Empire State building trying to hit one guy that had a gun. Sounds like these forces really need to spend more money on training and practice so the cops can actually hit what they aim at.

Heck the cops there sound about as good with their guns as the ones in NYC that this summer shot a whole bunch of people outside the Empire State building trying to hit one guy that had a gun. Sounds like these forces really need to spend more money on training and practice so the cops can actually hit what they aim at.

Maybe they should just install 50lbs triggers on their officer's firearms so they are forced to use two hands to shoot them. Sounds like a reasonable liberal policy, if 12lb triggers are safer than 6lb triggers surely 50lb triggers will be extra double super safer and then some.

Say what you will about lawyers, they may be sellswords, but sometimes, it's justified.

I expect they'll either get a settlement, or the other lawyers will claim that the police's shooting was justified in the interest of public safety.

The day the police shoot the crap out of my car in the interest of public safety is the day I leave this country. Those officers need to be shitcanned.

So this is what Feinstein and her Colleague think about this whole debacle.

Nothing like having a deranged cop killer on the loose to justify public disarmament.. (as well as PD apparently) :facepalm:

Feinstein and Boxer Ask Californians to Lay Down Their Weapons During Statewide Manhunt

(PP)- As an ex-Los Angeles police officer killed three people and went on a deadly shooting rampage in a vendetta to punish those he attributed for his firing, California Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer pleaded for calm, and asked both law enforcement and civilians to lay down their weapons.

110-300x157.jpgAn intense manhunt for Christopher Dorner that aroused fear across several states and Mexico focused late Thursday on Big Bear Lake, about 80 miles east of Los Angeles, where police found a burned-out pickup truck that belonged to the ex-military and former police officer Dorner.

Throughout the day, Senators Feinstein and Boxer made desperate pleas for their California constituents to turn in their guns and not confront the crazed gunman because this would be a perfect test of their anti-gun proposals.

“The Senators feel the best course of action is to remove all weapons from law enforcement and private citizens so no one else gets hurt,” said a Senate communications intern. “When the gunman realizes that nobody else is armed, he will lay down his weapons and turn himself in…. that’s just human nature.”

24-287x300.jpg“I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to Los Angeles Police Department officers, on or off duty,” said Dorner in his angry manifesto published online. The rant also claimed that: “Unfortunately, I will not be alive to see my name cleared. That’s what this is about, my name. A man is nothing without his name.”

Other California lawmakers chimed in on the Senators’ anti-gun stance with Los Angeles’ Democrat Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa saying disarmament was a good idea, except for public officials. Republicans thought the idea was just crazy.

“Feinstein and Boxer want everybody to go unarmed as a madman is running a round shooting people,” said a Riverside, CA. alderman. “If that is the truth… I’m never going to San Francisco again… something must be in the water to make them that insane.”

34-300x168.jpgDorner, 33, had multiple weapons including a frivolously banned assault rifle, said Los Angeles police Chief Charlie Beck, who urged the suspect to surrender at an unusual press conference in an underground high security room where police were shaking in their boots.

“Of course he knows what he’s doing, we trained him. He was also a member of the Armed Forces,” he said. “It is extremely worrisome and scary.”

The Palookaville Post has learned that nearly 10,000-members of the LAPD were dispatched to protect more than 108 potential targets across the region on Thursday. The department also said that the federal government was in fact more dangerous than the lone suspect because their ideas of weapon confiscation can hurt millions of Americans over several generations.

Putting down their weapons is simply not an option for all legal gun owners. It is their Constitutional right and moral responsibility to protect their loved ones…. it should be obvious.

http://www.palookavi...tewide-manhunt/

“Feinstein and Boxer want everybody to go unarmed as a madman is running a round shooting people,” said a Riverside, CA. alderman. “If that is the truth… I’m never going to San Francisco again… something must be in the water to make them that insane.”

LOL, just figuring this out I guess?

Now I certainly do not want either of these things to happen, but it sure would be ironic if everyone did lay down their weapons and Dorner still continues on a murderous rampage.

Those statements can't be real....

I find this situation very interesting. This guy is freaking them out; he is in their heads so to speak and they are scared. This is what I was talking about when I said if the SHTF and police began ignoring their oath to enforce unconstitutional laws, they wouldn't know how to handle those defending their rights targeting them in defense of those rights. We all know how this will end, this lone asstard will end up swiss cheese but he is just one guy they managed to piss-off. What are these guys going to do when the better part of 80 million people are pissed-off at them.

David Codrea hit upon my observations (above) and expanded on the situation.

Manhunt highlights enforcement weaknesses against determined resistance

One man has done this, and people are noticing. Aside from an attitude among panicky enforcers that appears to regard public safety as an expendable inconvenience when they perceive a real or imagined threat to themselves, people are noticing how much illusion and presumptions have to do with state power. For many, it is a “Behold, a god who bleeds” moment.

Those noting it include true enemies, foreign and domestic, who see vulnerabilities and fears to exploit.

It’s also noted by those of us who understand what is fundamentally necessary for the security of a free State, and who view coerced confiscations such as have been proposed in the past and in recent weeks as an ultimatum to surrender our very freedoms or suffer the consequences at the hands of enforcers who are appearing less and less omnipotent. That is unacceptable to people who do not want trouble but have no intention of disarming, and who would view any attempt to force that as an intolerable act to be defied, and ultimately, to be resisted.

The deterrent effect of an armed citizenry as a last resort appeal against tyranny is often derided by those who don’t have a clue about what such individuals could accomplish in defense of their liberties. It’s derided even more strongly, and tellingly, more desperately, by those who do, and who see and are shaken to their cores by the vulnerabilities just one armed former police officer/citizen disarmament zealot has exposed.

This is my favorite part....“The Senators feel the best course of action is to remove all weapons from law enforcement and private citizens so no one else gets hurt,” said a Senate communications intern. “When the gunman realizes that nobody else is armed, he will lay down his weapons and turn himself in…. that’s just human nature.”

if this was an actual statement....Why then are the people in gunfree zones and states still victims if human nature is to not hurt unarmed people?...... Adding the police to the list of unarmed may(although I doubt it) may give some people food for thought on the real agenda?

Lay down their weapons? WTF? If there was a madman on a murder spree here in Jersey in my area, that would be when I ignore the law and carry because laying down your arms when a psycho is shooting people with his guns is essentially suicide.

This is my favorite part....“The Senators feel the best course of action is to remove all weapons from law enforcement and private citizens so no one else gets hurt,” said a Senate communications intern. “When the gunman realizes that nobody else is armed, he will lay down his weapons and turn himself in…. that’s just human nature.”

if this was an actual statement....Why then are the people in gunfree zones and states still victims if human nature is to not hurt unarmed people?...... Adding the police to the list of unarmed may(although I doubt it) may give some people food for thought on the real agenda?

It was a parody site... think "The Onion" dont feel bad I had a full blown rant, and subsequent migraine then i realized it was all BS

It was a parody site... think "The Onion" dont feel bad I had a full blown rant, and subsequent migraine then i realized it was all BS

Well now i feel just plain silly.. so business as usual then

It might be sad to say that this lady is so delusional that the article sounded right up their alley.

It's nice for some LEOs to feel a little bit of fear. And they can walk about armed, unlike the rest of us poor schmucks. Something like 50 LEOs now have teams of LEOs guarding their houses 24/7 on the taxpayers dime. I wonder how long that will last if they do not catch the guy? I wonder how long I would be afforded the same courtesy? I thought that the Supreme Court decided that there was no obligation to protect individuals.

Calls to mind the case of the poor guy that was kidnapped from NJ due to mistaken identity a couple years ago. I'm sure he would neither qualify to carry nor be afforded protection.

It's nice for some LEOs to feel a little bit of fear. And they can walk about armed, unlike the rest of us poor schmucks. Something like 50 LEOs now have teams of LEOs guarding their houses 24/7 on the taxpayers dime. I wonder how long that will last if they do not catch the guy? I wonder how long I would be afforded the same courtesy? I thought that the Supreme Court decided that there was no obligation to protect individuals.

Calls to mind the case of the poor guy that was kidnapped from NJ due to mistaken identity a couple years ago. I'm sure he would neither qualify to carry nor be afforded protection.

I would say the protectors hired to protect the protectors are most at risk..

Yup if joe public had recieved death threats they'd tell him to lock the doors and call us if he shows up... 20 mins later they'd show up with chalk and a bag....shows where priorities lie... And it's not on the citizen and anyone that still dilusionally thinks after the supreme court and ny courts citing that police have no "duty to protect" citizens....needs to wake up...Best self defense allowable in nj is a block panic room/vault door...start saving up... Smh

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/the-agitator/

Yes I am diverging. The Dorner / crazy LEO nonsense is the tip of the iceberg. Check the link and see how the SWATs handle the war on drugs, sales of milk and other crap. Call your Grandma and tell to wear a bullet proof vest to bed. She might be next.

Yah, yah it's fine that 99% of LEOs are great officers. The problem is that NOBODY will properly prosecute the 1%.

Also Christie and Dorner - a match made in heaven. LOL.

You're talking two totally different situations here. In CA the cops shooting up a vehicle because it was similar to the gunman's and in NY shooting a murderer who was drawing on them. Its tragic bystanders were injured in NY but you seem unaware that most of those injuries were caused by rounds that had gone through the murderer.

BTW how many gunfights have you been in in midtown Manhattan during rush hour?

You're talking two totally different situations here. In CA the cops shooting up a vehicle because it was similar to the gunman's and in NY shooting a murderer who was drawing on them. Its tragic bystanders were injured in NY but you seem unaware that most of those injuries were caused by rounds that had gone through the murderer.

BTW how many gunfights have you been in in midtown Manhattan during rush hour?

I have been in at least zero gunfights in midtown during rush hour. That said those cops were dead wrong in shooting if they could not avoid hitting bystanders. In most areas the cops don't engage in high speed pursuits because of the chance of hurting others on the road - they should use the same or greater concern when discharging firearms on busy streets with people present.

Howard, what do you do for a living, just wondering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mostly business consulting these days. Have owned small business, worked in chemical plant operations and other things. Why? What do you do?

I have been in at least zero gunfights in midtown during rush hour. That said those cops were dead wrong in shooting if they could not avoid hitting bystanders. In most areas the cops don't engage in high speed pursuits because of the chance of hurting others on the road - they should use the same or greater concern when discharging firearms on busy streets with people present.

So you are saying those cops in NYC had no right to defend themselves against a man who had just committed a murder and was pulling a gun? Did you see the video? Those officers didn't have anywhere to take cover. When you are looking down the barrel of a gun, it's all above self preservation. If they didn't put that animal down, who is to say how many more lives the gunman may have taken?

The LAPD officers might have you believe they were in a similar situation, but they weren't. Had they followed procedure they wouldn't have shot up an elderly woman and her daughter. They had every right to be scared, but that is when you have to fall back on training and not be consumed by that fear.

As someone is is often the first to criticize police for their wrongdoings, this is laughable. If you are suggesting police should have let some guy who just murdered someone just continue on his way in a crowded area, where he can murder more people if he chooses, that is ridiculous. The fact they hit a number of bystanders isn't excusable, but their actions are understandable. I'd imagine most of the bystanders injured were from 1 of the 2 officers, judging from the video, who probably should have had more training. But I digress.

As for the 2 separate LAPD incidents, those weren't mistakes, that was criminal.

If anybody else, not LE, lit up a vehicle with 20-30+ rounds, would they leave it up to a review board to see if you needed more training or punishment, or leave it to a prosecutor to charge you with a crime? Well it wouldn't be the first thing, so why is that the case here? Despicable.

I don't recall the specifics, and was in Las Vegas when it happened so the news I saw may not have been 100% accurate. But what I heard was they hit quite a lot of bystanders - and that is not acceptable. Maybe they need more training. Sure they should be able to defend themselves, but there have to be limits as well. Maybe they need to have 3 round magazines as they seem to always find the "need" to empty the entire magazine in NYC. Maybe dictator Cuomo can put limits on them too.

Don't get me wrong, I think most cops do a good job. There just have to be safeguards to protect bystandars

So the cops should have just gotten shot or wait until he ran out of ammo? Your comment is absurd. You don't seem to have any concept of what its like to be in a life threatening situation.

I've worked as a LEO in midtown Manhattan and many other congested areas (not in patrol). I do not know of any standing order by NYPD totally forbidding high speed chases. There may be one but let me tell you the only way you're going to have a high speed chase in most of Manhattan during a weekday is on foot.

I am no great runner (used to be good for distance but no speed) but I once caught up to a Mercedes full of bad guys on Columbus Avenue that had a 2 block lead...on foot.