Photo

NJGF/NJ2AS/ANJRPC dinner, can it be done?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Ray Ray

Ray Ray
  • LocationBayonne, Hudson County
  • Home Range:Bayonne Pistol Range

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Okay, since the above organizations need or support (which means money and people) is a charity dinner possible? The NRA has a few in this state but the one around me hasn't happened in a few years. If the numbers from the hearings and the rally have any bearing on attendence, then we could expect the same for this, no?

What do you guys think?
NJZED

#2 djg0770

djg0770
  • LocationPassaic County
  • Home Range:GFH Woodland Park

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

Considering how much money has been raised in the past by the friends of NRA dinners I think this has the potential to be a good idea but you need to put aside your differences Ray and work with the people who know how to do this the best as they rake in the most money, namely:

The Bullet Hole
and
Gun For Hire

-Dan

The Constitution does NOT give any rights.  It merely lists SOME of those rights.
NRA Life Member

From a local FFL "WE ARE OPPRESSED STATES FRIENDLY"

#3 lunker

lunker
  • LocationThe woods in New Hampshire
  • Home Range:Major Waldron Sportsmen

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

I would go.

Chris

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." - Thucydides.

#4 matty

matty
  • Home Range:CJRPC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Let's get Mcdonald's & eat it in front of Cryan's house :)

#5 Ray Ray

Ray Ray

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

I'm in, and Jen has stepped up big time along with GFH and the Bullet Hole. They are good to go in my book.
NJZED

#6 djg0770

djg0770
  • LocationPassaic County
  • Home Range:GFH Woodland Park

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

I'm in, and Jen has stepped up big time along with GFH and the Bullet Hole. They are good to go in my book.

Are you good to go in theirs? ;) Just busting your balls bro.

I know you mean well and I think at this point, we ALL have to come together, put aside our differences and focus instead on our similarities, and let's take this to the top!

If Anthony and Jen will step up and tell us what needs to be done to organize this - the problem may be that they start this stuff a year in advance with planning and preparing etc etc. I'm just concerned about the logistics really.

-Dan

The Constitution does NOT give any rights.  It merely lists SOME of those rights.
NRA Life Member

From a local FFL "WE ARE OPPRESSED STATES FRIENDLY"

#7 shizzoizzo7

shizzoizzo7
  • LocationMorris County
  • Home Range:RTSP

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

I used to work for an organization where we would start in June for a November fundraiser so about a solid 5 months of soliciting donations, working on a venue, food, entertainment, budgets etc. It would likely be possible but would need someone to head it.

Just a thought but maybe once warmer rent out one of the large areas outdoors (Swartswood, other parks etc) and have a BBQ type thing catered. Would certainty cut venue costs but still be a potential for speakers, auction, etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#8 ryan_j

ryan_j
  • LocationWantage, Sussex County
  • Home Range:Cherry Ridge

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

I would be in.

Member: GOA, NRA, ANJRPC, SAF.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rjairam

CCW: Licensed in 5 states, can carry in 37 (CCW in 36). Shame on you NJ!

Support S1287

#9 jm1827

jm1827

Son, fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

• Premier Member
  • 1,459 posts
  • LocationMillstone NJ
  • Home Range:Range 14

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

I am in as well-

Joe

NRA Member
NJ2AS Member

5+ months for a FID change of address...

5-1/2 months for my latest P2P...

A process we were told would take 30 days or less.

ALL who work for a living must vote to outvote those who vote for a living.

“The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.”  JAMES MADISON

#10 JustJoe

JustJoe
  • LocationMorris Co.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

I used to work for an organization where we would start in June for a November fundraiser so about a solid 5 months of soliciting donations, working on a venue, food, entertainment, budgets etc. It would likely be possible but would need someone to head it.

It would need to be headed by somebody that has done this before and has the contacts in place already. Whomever has organized the NRA dinner would be the obvious choice.
Anthony from GFH could do another gun test drive as a fundraiser too.

Just a thought but maybe once warmer rent out one of the large areas outdoors (Swartswood, other parks etc) and have a BBQ type thing catered. Would certainty cut venue costs but still be a potential for speakers, auction, etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Why not do it at a outdoors range? Shooting, eating, hanging out... A premium could be charged for that too. The problem would be to find an accommodating range.

#11 gunforhire

gunforhire
  • LocationBehind the 2A Iron Curtain
  • Home Range:Woodland Park

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Lotta work Ray, lotta work.

Whatever you need you know GFH is here to help.

Ant

Welcome to Gun For Hire - America's Urban Defense Institute Since 1992

Stand Strong "Sto Validus"
ANTHONY P. COLANDRO
CEO / Master Training Counselor & Capitalist Marksman

888-Gun-For-Hire (486-3674)
http://www.gunforhire.com/
Gun For Hire Radio - http://www.gunforhir....com/index.html

GFH HQ & Range: 1267 McBride Ave
Woodland Park NJ 07424

#12 ChrisJM981

ChrisJM981
  • LocationBergen County, NJ
  • Home Range:Cherry Ridge/Gun For Hire

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

I know ANJRPC is the state chapter of the NRA, but...where is the NRA? I understand this is a multifront war. We could use some of their organizational input. I have to ask; Do you really get more attendance holding something during the week, or is that just done since renting a venue is cheaper? I would think we'd have more attendance having it on a weekend.
Effective gun control is a well placed shot.

NRA & SAF Life Member
NJ2AS Member

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
-Thomas Jefferson

#13 Ray Ray

Ray Ray

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Interesting ideas. I like the range idea but i don't want to make it a shooting event but a fund raising event. I would like to see the children show up since they are the key to our future. Cherry Ridge is far away for almost everybody sould of Route 80, so that would be a problem. Old Bridge would be ideal. Make it a Saturday, catering would be ideal, and make it "kid friendly". Could that happen?
NJZED

#14 alec.mc

alec.mc
  • LocationWoodbridge NJ
  • Home Range:OBRPC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

a outdoor range " BBQ " style would work, but at this time of the year hardly suitable. Anything indoor would probably be way over crowded unless at a large hall or something

USPSA : A76047     ///     Shooting Videos

#15 Ray Ray

Ray Ray

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

a outdoor range " BBQ " style would work, but at this time of the year hardly suitable. Anything indoor would probably be way over crowded unless at a large hall or something

Memorial Day weekend?
NJZED

#16 Socom

Socom
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Home Range:Wherever!?!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

I'm game to help for whatever!
NRA Life Member

#17 BleedingOrange36

BleedingOrange36
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Memorial Day weekend?

I do believe that's the same weekend as the NRA march in D.C.

#18 Ray Ray

Ray Ray

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

I do believe that's the same weekend as the NRA march in D.C.

bingo, fugg
NJZED

#19 hd2000fxdl

hd2000fxdl
  • LocationSayreville, NJ
  • Home Range:OBRPC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

What about seeing if OBRPC, CJRPC, AND Shongum might see if they would want to put it out to the members, the normal matches will be adding 10 dollars per entry with the extra going to the NJ2AS to help support outer rights. Maybe even fill in a few open days on the weekends with something that people like and is easy to coordinate. Maybe extra speed on steel matches with a little higher entry fee also to help fun the cause. I sure know I'd be willing to to only shoot more, but pay more to help fun this. Might even help other or get other off their butts to bring new shooter who have wanted to try steel, get along side friends, like minded people and increase the awareness of what's going on and not only raising money, but increasing the number of people who are active in the fight were in.

Just an idea to expand on.

Do what we did on the bus on the way to Trenton, 50/50's.

Whatever it takes, asking for money over and over if fine right now for many of us who are active being we will do it anyway, but the number of shooters out there who do that, just shoot and while they may here things here and there, they aren't as active as many. Here is a way to change that and they get to have fun while doing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Harry

Member: NRA // NJ2AS // ANJRPC // SAF // USCCA // CCW FL, AZ & VA // GSSF // USPSA & SCSA
// Dillon 650 // OBRPC // GOA //

Like to Travel? // Hunting Trips (PM me to learn how) // Free Booking Enginehttps://harrymwells....ation?flow=pref

Bike Related: Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.
When You Get There, There's No There There

Bad Decisions Make Great Stories
Never offer to fight an OLD geezer. If you win, there's NO glory. If you Lose, your reputation is shot.

#20 BleedingOrange36

BleedingOrange36
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Location would also be tough, north or south or central.
I get a feeling the majority of people on this forum reside in the northern part of the state.
I went to a work picnic at a place over the summer located more near the center of the state. The place was absolutely awesome and would keep adults and children entertained for hours. There were large pavilions, and the food was delicious. They had 3 pools, driving range, canoes on a little pond, horseback riding, rock climbing wall, obstacle course, inflatable bridge fighting, and a massive playground.
My boss said the place was extremely reasonable, it came to about $55 per person.
I'll get some more specifics and the name if the place. It would make a great venue for something like this.

#21 Ray Ray

Ray Ray

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

I was trying to gear this more towards the kids, since they are our future. I'm trying to figure out how this could work, but it would take a lot.
NJZED

#22 BleedingOrange36

BleedingOrange36
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

I was trying to gear this more towards the kids, since they are our future. I'm trying to figure out how this could work, but it would take a lot.

This is the place I mentioned in my previous post. I'm not sure how booked they are, but I could spend a whole day there a feel like a little kid again. This place would be perfect for children and adults alike.
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360896697.824263.jpg   149.2KB   58 downloads
http://m.superpages.com/bp/0001770641
http://www.tallpinesdaycamp.com/

#23 BleedingOrange36

BleedingOrange36
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

http://www.tallpines...acility-rental/

It's a little further south than I remembered. But it's right off rt.42, minutes from 295 and the a/c expressway.

#24 Ray Ray

Ray Ray

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Interesting, a little further south than I'd like but it could work.
NJZED

#25 NJDrew1

NJDrew1
  • LocationEwing NJ
  • Home Range:CJRPC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Lotta work Ray, lotta work.

Whatever you need you know GFH is here to help.

Ant

Ant -- Does that go for me too? I need a stack of $100's

#26 gunforhire

gunforhire
  • LocationBehind the 2A Iron Curtain
  • Home Range:Woodland Park

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Ant -- Does that go for me too? I need a stack of $100's

Sorry, I did have a pound of $50'S

Welcome to Gun For Hire - America's Urban Defense Institute Since 1992

Stand Strong "Sto Validus"
ANTHONY P. COLANDRO
CEO / Master Training Counselor & Capitalist Marksman

888-Gun-For-Hire (486-3674)
http://www.gunforhire.com/
Gun For Hire Radio - http://www.gunforhir....com/index.html

GFH HQ & Range: 1267 McBride Ave
Woodland Park NJ 07424

#27 Wojo

Wojo
  • LocationYes
  • Home Range:MLK Blvd.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

It takes months of planning and lots of upfront money to make this happen people. We should've had 5,000 people at the rally and we got a fraction.

Just a FYI, I wouldn't expect much from ANJRPC other then a token appearence. They might show if we have a veggie platter and don't ask them to do anything. Figure if ask them to speak, they would require a speaker's fee. You know, they are busy doing the 'heavy lifting' in the back halls of the State House. We saw how much swagger they had with ONLY 23 acts against us and Sweeny's openess to bone us dry. My balls are pretty heavy....how about lifting them.

Edit - - -> Friday...dee'ta'dee between the ears.

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it's safer to harass rich women than bikers." Author Unk.

"It is better to remain silent and thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt" - Abe Lincoln

Si vis pacem, para bellum - Semper Paratus
NRA Law Enforcement Tactical Shooting & Patrol Rifle Instructor

#28 Ray Ray

Ray Ray

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

It takes months of planning and lots of upfront money to make this happen people. We should've had 5,000 people at the rally and we got a fraction.

Just a FYI, I wouldn't expect much from ANJRPC other then a token appearence. They might show if we have a veggie platter and don't ask them to do anything. Figure if an of them are asked to speak, they would require a speaker's fee. You know, they are busy doing the 'heavy lifting' in the back halls of the State House. We saw how much swagger they had with ONLY 23 acts against us and Sweeny's openess to bone us dry. My balls are pretty heavy....how about lifting them.

I'm not trying to alienate any pro 2A groups.

Unfortunatly, it seems that this will never happen. The "Friends of the NRA Dinner's" were always good, so I thought this could work as well. Guess not.
NJZED

#29 Wojo

Wojo
  • LocationYes
  • Home Range:MLK Blvd.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Ray...real good idea. It's a shame we have so many fair weather people amongst our ranks that's all.

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it's safer to harass rich women than bikers." Author Unk.

"It is better to remain silent and thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt" - Abe Lincoln

Si vis pacem, para bellum - Semper Paratus
NRA Law Enforcement Tactical Shooting & Patrol Rifle Instructor

#30 MikeL417

MikeL417
  • Home Range:Not yet =)

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

I'd love to attend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users