Sign in to follow this  
Vlad G

Cryan's hypocrisy

Also, check out how well he raised his son:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Cryan (link fixed)

His brother is a peach too: http://njtoday.blogs...sted-drunk.html

Nice that his brother and him have restraining orders against each other .. how does he get to keep having a carry permit exactly.

This quote from the links about is really telling:

A cousin of the suspect and lawmaker, Morristown Councilman John Cryan, pleaded guilty to assaulting a bartender in January, 2006 and was sentenced to 20 hours community service, mandatory AA meetings, and a $725 fine.

Assemblyman Cryan's son, also named John Cryan, was jailed for a month this year after having failed drug tests that were part of a probation sentence imposed after he brutally beat a motorist with a baseball bat as two friends punched and kicked the victim.

The assemblyman, is an undersheriff in Union County, vehemently denies any addiction to alcohol or chemical substances, although a court ordered psychological report does refer to "his alcohol abuse."

"(Karen Golding) acknowledges that she endured, excused and minimized Mr. Cryan's inappropriate behavior by choosing to believe his alcohol abuse was responsible for his actions," wrote Margaret R. Curvin, LCSW, a court-appointed psychotherapist in a Dec. 8, 2006 letter to the probation department.

Curvin was named to evaluate Karen Golding, a former girlfriend of the lawmaker, who was arrested on stalking charges after she has tipped a newspaper reporter about financial discrepancies in a non-profit fund controlled by Joseph Cryan.

Sheriff Ralph Froehlich hired Joseph Cryan as second in command seven months after the politician lost his job as bartender in his father's Metuchen pub in 2002.

While serving as Essex County Sheriff in 1979, John Cryan, an Irish immigrant who owned several drinking establishments, was charged with various counts of official corruption but was freed on a technicality.

The elder Cryan, who died in 2005, was also a former Essex County Democratic Party chairman and a member of the state Assembly.

In addition to his multiple salaried government jobs, Assemblyman Joseph Cryan is the Democratic State Committee chairman and political boss in Union Township.

Also, check out how well he raised his son:

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Joseph_Cryan (link fixed)

His brother is a peach too: http://njtoday.blogs...sted-drunk.html

Nice that his brother and him have restraining orders against each other .. how does he get to keep having a carry permit exactly.

yep, got to ban assault weapons, so his psychotic son can go on beating up on motorists. I'll piss off some people by sayng this, but whites who stay in those northern counties, typically tend to be garbage.

Nice work Vlad G. These people, and especially Cryan, are unwilling to listen to reason, preferring instead to use the emotional appeal that we need to do something "for the children" to disarm us. I have not heard one of them explain just how their proposals will help to keep kids safe.

Not sure if Frank F. and Scott B. would agree, but since the legislative process seems to be stacked against us, it may be time to use guerilla tactics to dig up and publicize the dirt on some of these hypocrites.

Vlad, thanks for highlighting that quote.

I honestly don't understand how Cryan is approved for CCW given his prior criminal activities---I even question the fact that he was granted an FID. Why isn't the so-called media picking up on that? Rhetorical question, I all ready know the answer.

I don't know if Cryan's son lives in the family home, but apparently he was convicted "brutally beating" a motorist (although he only was punished with probation). I would like to know what specific security measures Cryan (Sr.) is taking to ensure that his son does not have access to his firearm(s).

As I learn and experience more about NJ's gun laws, regulations, and the politicians who are inventing these laws I just shake my head in disbelief. It's frightening, really frightening...

All this stuff was 5min with google.

Now if this stuff is in the open, just imagine what is in his closet.

This dude actually spoke at the hearings about how important it is to block people on the terrorist watchlist from buying guns. I guess one mans terrorist watchlist is another mans freedom fighter watchlist?

Here's a key quote:

Curvin was named to evaluate Karen Golding, a former girlfriend of the lawmaker, who was arrested on stalking charges after she has tipped a newspaper reporter about financial discrepancies in a non-profit fund controlled by Joseph Cryan.

I'd love to hear more about those "discrepancies." Maybe we can track down Ms. Golding and buy her a few drinks.

He's gotta family all over this county.

Judge Donohue is the brother-in-law of Assemblyman/Union County Undersheriff Joseph Cryan. Donohue began his judicial career in the Essex County Sheriff’s office under then Sheriff John Cryan, Joseph Cryan’s father, and Undersheriff Patrick Scanlon, Patrick Scanlon Jr.’s grandfather.

Assemblyman/Undersheriff Joseph Cryan swore freeholder Deborah Scanlon in as freeholder commencing each of her terms in 2010, 2007, 2004 and 2000.

What is this, a cheap Irish mob story?

I'm actually scared of this guy. Physically scared. Mainor seems like a dumb, affable frat boy, but this guy is a real thug.

This makes me think we really need to do this through an organization, not as individuals.

I keep thinking back to the scene in Gran Torino, where Clint Eastwood reaches into his coat as if going for a gun in order to push the other guy into shooting him.

Anyone want to do the political equivalent of reaching into your coat and see how Cryan reacts?

He's gotta family all over this county.

Judge Donohue is the brother-in-law of Assemblyman/Union County Undersheriff Joseph Cryan. Donohue began his judicial career in the Essex County Sheriff’s office under then Sheriff John Cryan, Joseph Cryan’s father, and Undersheriff Patrick Scanlon, Patrick Scanlon Jr.’s grandfather.

Assemblyman/Undersheriff Joseph Cryan swore freeholder Deborah Scanlon in as freeholder commencing each of her terms in 2010, 2007, 2004 and 2000.

This is amazing stuff. Sure hope we can find a way to use this. Maybe a gun friendly news source. I saw some talk about a billboard the other day...wouldn't this make a great one. It might even help just have some one whisper in his ear that we're talking about it.

Ok, lets settle this. His bio says he is a Union County under sheriff whatever that is.

I'm guessing an "under sheriff" falls in the LEO category therefore no permit is required to carry.

Any of this sound wrong?

it Shouldnt,...... it is an appointed position..but the Crooked County system has been doing that for decades....