Photo

Opinion- Would you like to see a Gun Store and Range in Old Bridge?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Ddc2003

Ddc2003
  • Home Range:Old Bridge

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hello everyone!

I haven't posted yet, I'm usually more of a reader.

I have been milling around with the idea of opening of a gun store with a public range in Old Bridge. I figured you all are the best people to ask a simple question: Do you want one?

My idea is a store that sells Guns, Paintball equipment, and Air-soft equipment. I would have an attached public shooting range. I was thinking of adding a small classroom for teaching classes. I would obviously sell Ammo and accessories. I would like to sell competition equipment, targets, etc.

I want to stay away from camping, hunting, and fishing equipment.

I would really like your feedback. Do you like the idea? Would you shoot there? Why or why not? What size range would you like to see? Should I stick to guns only, or is the idea is a multipurpose store a plus? Should I offer a certain service?

Any and all feedback, negative or positive, is appreciated.

#2 mge_1

mge_1
  • LocationBurlington, NJ
  • Home Range:Range 14 / Ready Aim Fire

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Yes on store and Yes on the range!

#3 greatgunstatenj

greatgunstatenj
  • LocationCentral Jersey
  • Home Range:Bullethole

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hell yeah on the range, let me know when you open! Would be awesome if you could have 100 yards or better as well.
-Mike

#4 BlueLineFish

BlueLineFish
  • LocationBayonne,NJ
  • Home Range:OBRPC

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

i already belong to a range in Old Bridge

#5 jamesnjjames

jamesnjjames

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

yes to both! we are well below the saturation point for both ranges and gun stores. make it big

#6 Steve_G

Steve_G
  • LocationOld Bridge

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

I would not mind another store around here, the more the merrier. Especially if that store were to cater to the reloading crowd at reasonable prices.
Steve

"The right of a citizen to bear arms, in lawful defense of himself or the State, is absolute. He does not derive it from the State government. It is one of the "high powers" delegated directly to the citizen, and 'is excepted out of the general powers of government.' A law cannot be passed to infringe upon or impair it, because it is above the law, and independent of the lawmaking power." [Cockrum v. State, 24 Tex. 394, at 401-402 (1859)]

#7 heaterbob

heaterbob
  • Locationocean county

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

no, you need to put it close to beachwood
NJ2AS
NRA
SAF
USPSA

hvac contractor

#8 woodentoe

woodentoe
  • LocationWoodbridge, NJ

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Yes
Become a total Ruger fanboy. >Ruger Mark iii Target 5.5in SS >Ruger P95 >1978 Ruger Security Six .357>

#9 Tunaman

Tunaman
  • Home Range:Woodland Park

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

We need a giant range in the meadowlands! Come further up! :fan:

#10 mcm308

mcm308

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Meadowlands could hold 600 yard rifle. Maybe 1000 in the right location. YES to that ! :D

Molon Labe

#11 StanBo

StanBo
  • LocationOld Bridge NJ

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Why not the more the merrier!
I read way more than I post - Stanley

#12 The_Matrix

The_Matrix
  • LocationSomerset County, NJ

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

First off....just to be realistic.....do you have the money to enter this venture?

Second...do you have the "right" contacts?

Its not that easy.

#13 Duppie

Duppie
  • LocationMonroe Township.
  • Home Range:No where until ammo prices return to sane levels.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

With the amount of firearms sold in the past few years and new gun owners crowding into what few and largely overburdened but profitable public ranges there are....I believe your question to be moot.
The question instead should be, do I have the Patiences,finances and wherewithal to proceed with such a venture?
Rather like the field of dreams......build it and they will come.
Frankness in the service of insight must not be confused with being rude or uncaring.

#14 PeteF

PeteF
  • LocationUnion County

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Xanadu?

Got to put that multibillion dollar boondoggle to some use.
NRA -Life Member
SAF - Life Member
NJ2AS - Member

#15 TheLugNutZ

TheLugNutZ
  • LocationSouthern Monmouth County
  • Home Range:Range 14

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

With the amount of firearms sold in the past few years and new gun owners crowding into what few and largely overburdened but profitable public ranges there are....I believe your question to be moot.
The question instead should be, do I have the patients,finances and wherewithal to proceed with such a venture?
Rather like the field of dreams......build it and they will come.

Wayne

#16 URGE

URGE
  • LocationOld Bridge
  • Home Range:Nomad

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

do it!
XD Service 9mm

#17 gunguy1960

gunguy1960

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Yes to old bridge, yes to Beachwood! We have a perfect site in Beachwood, large abandoned strip mall and huge sand pit area. Just need to make state happy by including open space, affordable housing, bike path, and 30 million for ground clean up.

#18 AndyB

AndyB
  • LocationSouth-North Jersey

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

How about Ewing?? Old GM plant site needs some love...
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#19 MartyZ

MartyZ
  • LocationCentral Jersy

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Most definately. Southern most part of oldbridge. Have you considerred englishtown?

#20 mcm308

mcm308

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

Central/ Northern Jersey needs a long range. 600 yard. Yes build it and they will come. Build a 600 yarder and you'll be running prolly max capacity all day every day. I tinky so... of course the land is required to do this but I know old bridge and englishtown have some space.

Molon Labe

#21 S&W39

S&W39

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

I believe this same individual was looking for investors last year but, no one was very interested. This is a minimum million dollar investment.

#22 Smokin .50

Smokin .50
  • LocationNear Old Bridge NJ
  • Home Range:Old Bridge, Monmouth, Cherry Ridge, on the Farm in Vernon!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

More like 5 million with a buffer zone, legal work & permits, bond for lead remediation, test well monitoring, indoor range, HVAC, and all of the inventory....

And we're STILL waiting for the EB Range on Harts Lane to go "public" (not in my lifetime?).......

But at $30+ per hour some here will pitch a Beotch about how expensive it is...and so the circle of life continues!
Being SAFE is my FIRST priority. Bring enough Gun & have all of the Fun you can Handle! Have 10 Ga., WILL knock Pheasants out of the Sky!

#23 Holeshot

Holeshot
  • LocationHunterdon County
  • Home Range:Yes

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

And we're STILL waiting for the EB Range on Harts Lane to go "public" (not in my lifetime?).......

Hart's Lane? Never heard of it. ;)

And you'd be stunned to learn what can happen in a lifetime... stick around and enjoy the ride...... :)

"You got to watch your step, when you know the chips are down." -Cow Patti

#24 Ddc2003

Ddc2003
  • Home Range:Old Bridge

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

I would consider moving the location, but If I went to an abandoned factory or strip mall, I wouldn't be able to make the floor plans the way I want it. And I would need to take extra steps making the place bulletproof.

I think it would be better to start a place from the ground up.

I am not the person who posted here before looking for investors, I am actually newish to the hobby and have been thinking of this for the past few months.

I'm in the process of putting a business plan together. I know a few people who would be likely investors if I had a solid plan.

If anyone has any references to wholesalers or projected costs, I would appreciate it. It's hard trying to find things between working 2 jobs!

#25 StriderTB

StriderTB
  • LocationSpotswood, NJ

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

I don't particularly like the idea of selling paintball and airsoft stuff in the same place as real firearms. I'm sure there's some crossover interest there, but if I was going to open a gun shop, I'd want to steer clear of toys that are designed and intended to be shot at other people being on the same shelves as actual firearms.

As for another public range, you can't go wrong there.

#26 S&W39

S&W39

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

The Harts Lane in East Brunswick reference is actually the EB Police Training facility. Some town council members were in favor of public accessibility to the EB Range.Unfortunately there has not been enough public support for this to become a reality at the present time. I certainly hope anyone waiting for it to open in ones lifetime would have enough sense to let it go.

#27 paulnj088

paulnj088
  • Location08816

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

i want EastBrunswick police training facility to open up

#28 Holeshot

Holeshot
  • LocationHunterdon County
  • Home Range:Yes

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

The Harts Lane in East Brunswick reference is actually the EB Police Training facility. Some town council members were in favor of public accessibility to the EB Range.Unfortunately there has not been enough public support for this to become a reality at the present time. I certainly hope anyone waiting for it to open in ones lifetime would have enough sense to let it go.

LMAO, Like I said you'd be shocked what can happen in a someone's lifetime.

ESPECIALLY on (Broken) Hart's Lane.

"You got to watch your step, when you know the chips are down." -Cow Patti

#29 johnp

johnp

The day my guns are confiscated is the day you know I am dead

• Members
  • 3,128 posts
  • LocationBergen county
  • Home Range:PA

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

There was talks a few months ago about a range opening up in Kearney. I haven't heard any news recently though.
NRA- Life Member
GOA- Life Member
SAF- Life Member

New Jersey Gun Law Guide

#30 Duppie

Duppie
  • LocationMonroe Township.
  • Home Range:No where until ammo prices return to sane levels.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

There was talks a few months ago about a range opening up in Kearney. I haven't heard any news recently though.

Also variances approved for an indoor shooting facility in Monroe the middle of last year but no further word on any progress since.
Frankness in the service of insight must not be confused with being rude or uncaring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users