Sign in to follow this  
Donato

How we win

As a community we have done a good job of being vocal from e-mails, faxes and phone calls to rallies and counter-protests. Members of this forum, the NJ Second Amendment Society and other New Jerseyans that care, are standing up and telling Trenton that we are tired of feel good legislation that will not be effective.

Some of us may question the effectiveness of writing e-mails and sending faxes to communicate our disapproval of proposed gun laws. Please don’t stop. Keep up the good fight. Having said that, one can argue that by the time a feel good piece of legislation is introduced, it is too late to effect change. I say this because we truly win when we get the right elected officials to represent us. In other words, we are always playing defense, and we need to start forming an offensive strategy.

The time to get involved is now. People may question whether there is momentum moving in our favor in New Jersey. I for one think we do have favorable, albeit slight, momentum to at least fight off what is currently being proposed. Whether or not you agree, you have to ask yourself, “If not now, when?” “When am I going to really get involved and be and advocate for myself and others to shape the future of our great State and Country?”

With a very popular incumbent Governor, general dissatisfaction with Trenton and with a very passionate firearm community, we need to mobilize and get voters out in a non-presidential election year. For past elections, when you look at the numbers by district, we are not talking huge landslide victories for each assembly and senate race wins.

My challenge to all reading this is simple, go out and get at least 10 people registered to vote. Make them as passionate about the topics frequently discussed on this board as you are. In turn challenge them to get 10 people registered to vote. Don’t stop there; make sure they vote on election day. This goes for folks already registered. I have included the link to new voter registration forms for each county. Make it easy to help your fellow supporters get registered. Print the forms in advance. If they say that are not register hand them the form. Get them to fill it out on the spot. Better yet pre-fill some of the sections for them. No postage is necessary. No excuses. Who will accept my challenge?

This is how we begin our offensive strategy. This is how we win.

http://nj.gov/state/elections/voting-information-voter-registration-forms.html

As a community we have done a good job of being vocal from e-mails, faxes and phone calls to rallies and counter-protests. Members of this forum, the NJ Second Amendment Society and other New Jerseyans that care, are standing up and telling Trenton that we are tired of feel good legislation that will not be effective.

Some of us may question the effectiveness of writing e-mails and sending faxes to communicate our disapproval of proposed gun laws. Please don’t stop. Keep up the good fight. Having said that, one can argue that by the time a feel good piece of legislation is introduced, it is too late to effect change. I say this because we truly win when we get the right elected officials to represent us. In other words, we are always playing defense, and we need to start forming an offensive strategy.

The time to get involved is now. People may question whether there is momentum moving in our favor in New Jersey. I for one think we do have favorable, albeit slight, momentum to at least fight off what is currently being proposed. Whether or not you agree, you have to ask yourself, “If not now, when?” “When am I going to really get involved and be and advocate for myself and others to shape the future of our great State and Country?”

With a very popular incumbent Governor, general dissatisfaction with Trenton and with a very passionate firearm community, we need to mobilize and get voters out in a non-presidential election year. For past elections, when you look at the numbers by district, we are not talking huge landslide victories for each assembly and senate race wins.

My challenge to all reading this is simple, go out and get at least 10 people registered to vote. Make them as passionate about the topics frequently discussed on this board as you are. In turn challenge them to get 10 people registered to vote. Don’t stop there; make sure they vote on election day. This goes for folks already registered. I have included the link to new voter registration forms for each county. Make it easy to help your fellow supporters get registered. Print the forms in advance. If they say that are not register hand them the form. Get them to fill it out on the spot. Better yet pre-fill some of the sections for them. No postage is necessary. No excuses. Who will accept my challenge?

This is how we begin our offensive strategy. This is how we win.

http://nj.gov/state/...tion-forms.html

You make a very good point Donato! The fact that there is no Presidential election this year historically makes for a low turnout. The pro 2nd amendment voters, afraid of loosing their guns or further restrictions on the same

will be motivated to go out and vote out the anti gunners. The anti gunners may have an opinion that shows up in polls, but, for the most part, this alone is not enough motivation to get them to go out and vote.

Those who back Obama and the mostly Democratic anti 2nd amendment politicians that want to ban so called "assault weapons" are generally the least informed, least educated and will vote Democrat just to keep their Obamaphones!

They will for the most part, not be voting en mass this November. If everyone here follows your advice, we could make a change. I for one, will make sure that all of my like minded family and friends vote in November. I will throw an

all day party at my house for all of my Democrat friends with plenty of booze so they forget to vote!

Just kidding about the party. I take our 2nd amendment rights very seriously though and I will follow your model as I truly believe we do have a chance, perhaps our last chance, to make a change in New Jersey!