Maksim

Story - Dont keep guns on backseat.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/new_jersey/090321_Guns_Seized_From_Sleeping_NJ_Man

Guns Seized From

Sleeping NJ Man

Last Edited: Saturday, 21 Mar 2009, 12:00 PM EDT

Created On: Saturday, 21 Mar 2009, 11:54 AM EDT

READINGTON, N.J. (AP) - Police investigating a man sleeping in his car in central New Jersey got a lot more than they bargained for.

The man was dozing in a green sport-utility vehicle parked behind a Wachovia Bank in Readington early Friday morning.

When police approached, they saw two guns on the back seat. Dustin Reininger told them he also had a handgun and an assault rifle. That turned out to be only part of the story.

After towing the car to police headquarters, 23 rifles were discovered, including five classified as assault weapons.

Reininger, who is listed as living in Rockport, Texas, said he had the guns because he was moving. He's been charged with weapons offenses and is being held in Hunterdon County Jail on $100,000 bail.

Copyright Associated Press, Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

being an suv, their was no seperate compartment. and i transport my shotgun behind the seat in my truck when hunting or going to the range.

I do not see a problem with them being on the back seat as long as they were cased.

being an suv, their was no seperate compartment.......I do not see a problem with them being on the back seat as long as they were cased.

From the article it sounds like they were just sitting out in plain view.....I too have a SUV without a seperate trunk.....not only are all my guns cased and locked as per NJ transport laws, I also throw a blanket over the whole batch so they are not visible to anyone looking into the car.